One of the best thing you can do to spread the voice and promote something like a product, service, business, idea or even thoughts, is to convert them into an infographic. An infographic can deliver sentiment, hype, tell a story, build awareness and much more.
90% of the information transmitted to the brain is visual. You can wonder why graphical representations are so important, this is particularly true in a digital world like the Internet where images, pictures, photos, videos etc.. are now part of our lives.
Let’s see a few stats about infographics:
- 40% of people respond better to visual information than text and this is significative.
- Publishers that use infographic get 10/15% more traffic than those who don’t.
- Infographics where tweeted almost 60,000 time (at March 2012)
- 300,000+ local monthly searches in google for the keyword “Infographic” and almost 250,000 for “Infographics”(April 2012)
Infogr.am is a free webservice you can use once to create infographics. After you login (you can login using facebook or twitter as well) you can choose from 3 options:
- New infographic: use this to create your infographic, you can select a ready made template and modify accordingly to your needs.
- New chart: create your infographic charts, choose from different templates.
- Library: use this to check your previous infographics and modify them.
You can add: videos, charts, text, pictures and maps. After you have built your infographic, you can share it via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, embed or view on the web.
This is just an example, i added a few random data to populate the infographic, but you can have an idea of what you can do here. You can also visualize featured infographics to see what others have produced and grab some interesting thoughts.